Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Conference

Great news! I just got accepted into a women in sci-fi and fantasy literature conference. I sent in an abstract in December about the female characters of the Harry Potter series. My English teacher, Dr. Lindroth, helped me get it in ship shape. I have to thank her for helping me out and smoothing out my rough ideas. The down side is.... I didn't realize I had to present it. I feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner. Why else would I write a paper for it? When I read the acceptance letter, my throat closed a little. I'm more of a behind the scenes person, and I sometimes get the "I'm-going-to-throw-up" look when I have to give a speech. I've never really been accepted to anything except college, so it's a nice change. Why am I a biology major again?

No comments:

Post a Comment